A Call for Research Associates (For experts residing in Eastern African countries)
Frontieri Consult P.L.C based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with a branch office in Berlin, Germany, works with staffs of distinguished professionals of diversified disciplines to achieve its vision of becoming the lead think tank group that supports informed policy making in Ethiopia and Eastern Africa.
Currently, with its more than a decade of extensive experience in the sectors of Agriculture, Rural and Urban Development, Social Protection, Environment, Education and Youth Development, Energy, Private Sector Development , and Water, Sanitation and Health, Frontieri Consult is the leading research and advisory institution supporting many of the national and international institutions in their decision making.
As an institution, we have entered a new era where we have begun to scale up and diversify our operations across East Africa to realize our Vision. Our role in the policy making process is as a catalyst for development, and our diversification strategy focuses on working in partnerships as a spur to ‘wide-ranging development endeavors/initiative. Our value for quality and innovative ideas guide our everyday action and exceeds everything else.
We believe in teamwork, and that a journey composed of your expertise will make our impact even more meaningful. Thus, you are encouraged to bring in your bold ideas, expertise, and interest and join us in our journey of professionalism. As an Associate Researcher, you will have the opportunity to work as an integral part of the Ethiopian team providing support for the realization of the institution’s vision while further honing your expertise and capability. In addition, you will be Frontieri’s representative and Brand Ambassador in your home country.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Work with research teams residing in Ethiopia and Germany to search for potential projects, develop winning proposals and engage in more impactful ways with a range of prospects running development programs in your respective country;
- Design excellent research methodologies and design tools and instruments for various projects in collaboration with our teams in Ethiopia and Germany;
- Lead and take part in projects and programs for efficient implementation, which includes effective deployment of expertise and knowledge within your country for a higher impact;
- Provide training to data supervisors, coordinators, collectors, and analysts to achieve major project/program objectives;
- Contribute to good reputation and brand positioning of Frontieri in your home country;
- Networking Frontieri with potential clients and partners; build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Work closely with colleagues in Ethiopia and Germany to frame findings and insights from country programs into information to be consumed by decision-makers;
- Develop insights and working papers for important and high-impact forums;
- Align with a culture of high quality performance, willingness to learn, perpetual curiosity, and results orientation.
Liaise closely with all involved people and cultures in the institution and other internal stakeholders as well as consultants to strengthen ‘Oneness’ in the institution.
WHAT WILL BE REQUIRED OF YOU
- A PhD/MA/MSc. in Agriculture, Rural Development, Economics, Health, Sociology, Data Science, Business and other related fields
- A permanent resident in one of the Eastern African countries
- Excellent knowledge of research methodologies and their application
- Experience in working on projects involving households and project program beneficiaries
- Experience in data science and analysis
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of broader projects and proven experience in project management
- Publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Demonstrated experience in creating collaborative relationships with various national and international organizations
- Demonstrated consulting and advisory experience in the international contexts
- Proven ability to lead successful projects and experience working directly with clients
- Ability to write/edit review/adapt materials to fast changing situations; exercising and promoting creative thinking, and flexibility and adaptability to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures
- Firm commitment to Frontieri’s ideals, quality values, and vision.
We are currently open to accept applications. We invite you to submit your updated profile with a one-pager dispatch describing why you want to partner with Frontieri consult and the qualities you possess for excelling in your work.
This is a call for a partnership, and after reviewing the applications, further negotiations will be made with successful applicants on the mode of working relation, remuneration, and collaboration details.
As applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, we encourage you to apply at the earliest possible.