Location: Addis Ababa
Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years’ experience)
Employment Type: Full time
Frontieri is a renowned research and development consulting firm based its Head Quarter in Addis Ababa. We undertake different consultancy works and projects in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of research and development services and analysis that strengthen different development programs, organizations, and policies. Our services cross-cut all development sectors including Agriculture, Rural Development, Education and Youth Development, health, Water and Sanitation, Economic growth, Environment and energy, Social protection and Private Sector Development. Our clients includes/but not limited to UN agencies, multilateral and bilateral organizations, Governmental -Institutions, and others.
Frontieri is a company for talented people with different backgrounds and perspective and we have gathered competent professionals and in partnership with scholars across the country and abroad.
The position holder will have two major responsibilities, i.e. HR and -Logistics responsibilities. Therefore, the incumbent is expected to be highly qualified for and experiences in both areas.
Major duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Work closely and have a collaborative relation with all employees, to ensure division’s and Frontieri’sstrategic plan and objectives are achieved;
- Develop creative practices and programs that identify, source, assess and hire the best talent to meet changing and evolving business needs;
- Develop and implement orientation and induction guidelines, HR manuals, administration guidelines; staff development schemes;
- Drive employee engagement in working with executive leadership to develop effective internal communications strategies, processes, tools, and training to promote morale and productivity;
- Execute talent management programs including -, training, total rewards and benefits, and compensation;
- Lead the development and execution of Human Resources and logistics strategic and annual plans in alignment with the Frontieri’s vision and mission;
- Ensure compliance with labor proclamation laws and best practices in HR and administration procedures so that they are in accordance, timely, and responsive;
- Responsible to prepare and negotiate HR-related contracts and agreements;
- Ensure proper keeping and timely renewal of contract agreements, documentation of performance appraisals and other documentations;
- Design staff productivity and time management incentive mechanisms and implement when approved;
- Ensure staff safety and maintain conducive working environment;
- Handle all matters related to staff benefits, grievances and disciplinary issues, termination, resignation, clearance and exit reports;
- Lead and manage all procurement, logistics and supply matters;
- Taking a lead with best practice in relation to archive development and management;
- Supervises, leads, guides and supports the Drivers, Security Guards, and Cleaners;
- Follows repair and maintenance and proper utilization of vehicles use at Office and field level;
- Ensures the efficient utilization of office equipment’s, telephones;
- Ensures that the office are clean all times;
- Ensures proper utilization of fuel and spare parts and reports monthly vehicle expenditure reports;
- Ensures that all items in the store are properly registered and kept;
- Maintains fixed asset register with necessary details and identification numbers;
- Ensures that all necessary formalities of goods received and dispatched are adhered to at all times;
- Ensures that all fast moving stock items are timely replaced and no gap is created;
- Ensures the established procurement policies and procedures are adhered;
- Prepares yearly inventories and report;
- Perform other assignments as required by the division head of the management;
Required Number: 1 (One)
Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Management, Business Administration or any related field.
- Minimum of 5 years direct work experience in Human Resource and Logistics preferably in research and consultancy and NGO sector.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, negotiation and diplomatic skills;
- Good knowledgeable of handling people, ability to work under stress and accomplish results as planned;
- comfortable working with multi-disciplinary team;
- Considerate, passionate to serve, and emphatic towards people;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Excellent leader, strategic thinker and team player;
- Out of the box human resources thinking, motivation and determination to inspire and aspire employees;
- Willingness to be flexible and juggle priorities to get the job done;
- Ability to be cost efficient in managing budget and expenses;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive matters.
- Experience with HRIS software’s etc.
How to Apply
Candidates who are interested and fulfill the requirements shall submit their applications/motivation letters along with updated CV via email at email@example.com by clearly marking the position title on the subject line OR in person to the following address.
Fronteri Consult P.L.C
Bole Medhanalem, in front of Sheger House, Lingo Tower 8th floor