Chief Transformation Officer
About Frontieri: Frontieri Consult PLC, based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with a branch office in Berlin, Germany, is one of the leading consulting firms in Ethiopia. The firm was established in 2008 primarily to undertake research and consulting activities in several areas of development and disciplines to governmental and non-governmental organizations, as well as bilateral and multilateral institutions.
Frontieri is home to talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. As such, the company has assembled competent professionals and works in partnership with scholars across the country and abroad. (For further information, please visit our website at: www.frontieri.com).
To realize its vision and mission, Frontieri is now aiming to transform itself and increase its global presence. It’s geared to build a more robust business model in East Africa and beyond that cuts across the traditional modus operandi. To this end, the company would like to appoint a Chief Transformation Officer at Frontieri.
The Chief Transformation Officer (CTO) will be responsible for generating new ideas, spearheading growth initiatives, and facilitating change management within the organization. S/he will also be responsible for developing the company’s strategic initiatives at corporate and business levels. The person also acts as the face of the upcoming transformation, sets the tone, spurs enthusiasm, and challenges current wisdom. This is a very exciting opportunity for someone who shares our mission to be a thought leader firm. The candidate should be a well-rounded person of outstanding quality with a respected track record who can make sense of both the technical side of transformation and all the roles and divisions that support it. S/he will also need to be an inspirational leader with a strong strategic vision and creativity, combined with the diverse experience and practical leadership skills to run the organization and implement changes that will be needed.
General Duties and Responsibilities of the CTO:
- Get to know the organization; our teams, staff, clients, and partners,
- Re-imagining the organization and developing some prototype organizational models including business models, and incorporating agile ways of working to accelerate transformations,
- Design and manage strategic initiatives from ideation to implementation,
- Identify what kind of changes would foster more growth within the organization and be responsible for mapping how exactly the company will get there,
- Gather data and statistics about the company and transform them into actionable ideas,
- Ability to strike the right balance between short-term improvement and long-term value,
- Inspire employees and act as a role model for the sort of behavior needed to encourage and embed change,
- Take responsibility for change and personally, ensure employees deliver results quickly and with suitably high ambition,
- Ensue the full bottom-line target gets delivered,
- Create shared ownership for the transformation across senior and middle management,
- Help teams and their leaders to pinpoint what they need to learn,
- Challenge those aspects of the status quo that work against the change,
- Maintain the momentum, dialogue, and energy around the transformation,
- Reinforce the new and make old behavior costly, and
- Bridge the gap between the future and the present.
- Help restructure company internal framework during significant changes, including executive teams, Human resource, process and technology infrastructure.
- Collaborate with senior management team to ensure that company changes meet everyone’s needs and align with its values.
Qualification and Experience:
- MBA in business leadership, MA in management, MSC in economics, or related field,
- Strong cross-functional background with experience of a variety of business situations and challenges in the past,
- Experience of undertaking similar roles as Chief Transformation Officer,
- Experience in undertaking strategic change processes that were creative and proved successful
- Experience in leading senior teams,
- Good problem-solving, analytical, time management, flexibility, attention to detail, fast learner, team player, interpersonal and negotiation skill, and
- Excellent communication and engagement skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, with ability to convey message with executive presence as well as consultatively influence outcomes.
- Awareness of situational leadership and when to use different leadership styles (e.g., coaching and mentoring vs pacesetting and directive) to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills with ability to balance multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Addis Ababa
👉How to apply
Candidates who are interested and fulfill the requirements shall submit their applications/motivation letters along with their updated CV via email at; firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning the position title on the subject line.