To: All Public Universities
Subject: Competitive Partial Scholarship Opportunity for Ethiopian PhD Candidates
Frontieri Consult PLC, one of the leading consulting firms in Ethiopia, takes a great pleasure to announce the launch of its national PhD Partial Scholarship opportunity program for Ethiopian PhD students who have completed their course work and are ready to start their PhD research projects. Frontieri is a renowned consultancy/advisory and research firm with research priorities in the areas of agriculture and rural development, economic growth, social protection, development impact evaluation, etc. (Please visit our website at www.frontieri.com for more information on our research priority areas).
In the course of our engagement in research and development endeavors over the past many years serving varied clients, we have come to learn that there are many government-sponsored PhD students who, although have completed courses, are constrained by lack of adequate funding to undertake high quality research projects for the partial fulfillment of their PhD studies. In view of this understanding and our unwavering commitment to fulfill our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), we are hereby inviting all interested Ethiopian doctoral candidates to apply for the Partial Scholarship Program through the national public universities where they are registered. The Partial Scholarship initiative aims to support Ethiopian PhD students by breaking down barriers, opening doors, and offering access to financial aid and technical assistance. The Partially-Funded scholarship opportunity covers:
- Financial assistance of up to Birr 100,000.00 (One Hundred Thousand);
- Provision of free office space and stationery materials;
- Equipment and other supports needed for field data collection; and
- Technical assistance.
- The following are the necessary documents applicants need to submit to their respective departments, colleges, or centers in applying for the competitive Partial Scholarship Opportunity.
Scholarship application letter;
- A most recent course registration slip;
- Student copies of Master’s degrees and letter of completion of the PhD course work;
- Two recommendation letters from current and/or prospective research advisors;
- Brief Curriculum Vitae (CV) or résumés; and
- A concept note containing a brief description of the idea of the project, objectives to be pursued and research methodology (maximum of 10 pages).
Frontieri will provide a partially-funded scholarship to PhD candidates who clearly demonstrate academic and professional excellence and a deep commitment to leading positive social change in their local communities. The scholarship is open to national PhD candidates who have completed course work during the 2018/19 academic year and who can provide evidence of lack and or absence of funding for their dissertation research project. Other selection criteria for eligible applicants are:
- Proven professional and academic achievements;
- Relevance, feasibility and quality of the concept note;
- Relevance of applicant’s research experience to Frontieri’s research and development priorities (visit www.frontieri.com for our research priority areas); and
- Expected contribution of the proposed research in tackling societal problem(s) at the grassroots level.
How to Apply for the Competitive Partial Scholarship Opportunity:
- Eligible candidates are requested to submit scholarship application to their academic departments or colleges following the instructions and or guidelines set by each public university.
- Each public university is humbly invited to submit names of three doctoral candidates through email@example.com.
- Submission deadline will be on or before 08 November 2019.
- If you have queries with regards to this partially-funded scholarship opportunity, please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org. Or telephone number +251 11 647 81 29, +251 11 647 9517
- Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.