Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa
Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years’ experience)
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary: Very attractive with competitive employee benefits
The Research Fellow for Agriculture and Rural Development is responsible for Preparing research proposals in Agriculture, Rural Development and related fields S/he will be in charge of constructing appropriate designing of research methodologies, design tools and instruments for various projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and lead project team members
- Assess and prepare literature review;
- In collaboration with the research team and research fellows produce quality research report;
- In collaboration with the research fellows, develop innovative approaches such new techniques as may be necessary to achieve the objectives of the research;
- Work with other staffs to assess and identify technical assistance needs with regard to technical skills, supervision support, etc. for new and ongoing projects;
- Follow up the effective implementation of projects with the highest quality and agreed timeline, participate in the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned
- Follow-up clients and consultant’s engagement
- Manage project budget approved by the Managing Director
- Work to ensure client satisfaction
- Contribute in brand building activities
- Contribute article to Frontieri quarterly magazine
- Seek research funding
- Produce working papers
- Work closely with other divisions of the firm
- Address client complaint on time
- Prepare monthly performance report
- Review weekly performance of the team
- Held monthly meeting with the Managing Director Ensure confidentiality of all reports and proposals
- remarkable service excellence and establishing a long-lasting client relationship,
- Handle all administrative tasks of the division (contract negotiation (both with the client and consultants), payment request facilitations, regular updates to clients on project implementation, etc
- Report to the Managing Director
- Handle all other activities as may require by the management
- Adopt organizational core values, policies and procedures are clearly understood and adhered to in the daily functioning;
- PhD/MA/MSc in Agriculture and Rural Development or related fields
- +5 years of Research and proposal development experience across various Agriculture and Rural Development fields, practically in consultancy services.
- Excellent publication and in peer-reviewed journals.
Technical and Other Skills
- Excellent analytical skills,
- Proficiency in verbal and written English language,
- Proficiency in computer skills;
- Abilities of working in tight environment to make things happen within the deadline
- Demonstrated success in creating collaborative relationships with various government and non-government organizations etc.
- Interested applicants that fulfill the requirements shall submit only their application/motivation letter along with their updated CV via email email@example.com clearly marking the position title on the subject line
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further recruitment process.
- Please follow application instructions, applicants that fail to do so will be rejected.
Qualified female applicants are highly encouraged to apply