Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa
Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years’ experience)
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary: Very attractive with competitive employee benefits
The Research Fellow for Private Sector Development is responsible for leading the reach analysis of political, social and economic situation in the country to identify opportunities and partners to advance in the industry. She/he will be responsible in providing inputs to develop a win-win partnerships strategy involving the private sector, financial institutions, multilateral organizations, entrepreneurs, relevant national authorities and local governments. She/he is also expected to contribute for the elaboration and implementation of Frontieri’s business development strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare PSD research proposals and provide technical leadership for the design, formalization, and management of innovative private partnerships;
- Identify, assess, and recommend potential private sector partners and partnership opportunities;
- Identify possible key partners and organize inception workshops to engage and get inputs to finalize PSD plans;
- Record and maintain documents on relevant PSD activities, issues, risks and risk mitigation plans;
- Engage in a high level dialogue at national and international level with private sector companies, finance institutions, multilateral organizations to map, develop and implement partnership strategies ;
- Collect knowledge on current and emerging industry trends by gathering relevant information on projects, strategies, approaches and ongoing experience for lessons learned and best practices;
- Contribute for the elaboration and implementation of Frontieri’s business development strategy;
- Develop and implement promotional strategies for PSD;
- Elaborate terms of reference (ToRs) for hiring national and international Private Sector Development consultants;
- Accomplish an updated database of relevant Frontier’s networks after initial mapping;
- Represent Frontieri in meetings and policy dialogues on issues related to PSD.
- PhD/MA in business administration/leadership, economics, finance, or other relevant discipline from an accredited university;
- At least five years for PhD ,10 years for MA with progressively responsible experience in private sector development and facilitation;
- Experience preferably in international consultancy context;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required, working language of Germany and French is a plus.
- Excellent communication and relation with partners;
- Excellent innovative leadership and coordination skills;
- Strong research and strategic analysis skills;
- Quality and timely reporting;
- Judgment and decision making;
- Commercial /Business acumen;
- Systems Analysis – Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes;
- Negotiation and tact diplomacy skills;
- The ability to stay calm under immense pressure and seek alternative options for problems.
- Interested applicants that fulfill the requirements shall submit only their application/motivation letter along with their updated CV via email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marking the position title on the subject line
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further recruitment process.
- Please follow application instructions, applicants that fail to do so will be rejected.
Qualified female applicants are highly encouraged to apply