Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa
Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years’ experience)
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary: Very attractive with competitive employee benefits
The Senior Data Quality Analyst is responsible for developing specifications for data capture and input; monitoring input to ensure consistency, quality, and integrity of data. S/he is also responsible to create and enforce policies for effective data management and quality control mechanism. The Senior Data Quality Analyst report s to Survey Management and Data Analytics Division Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop mobile data collection application and formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data;
- Cross checking the digitalized tools in the program and give approval before the team deployment
- Develop data cleaning methods and document the data cleaning processes;
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects;
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
- Compute the survey weights/design weights including selection of different probability in different sample stages.
- Develop survey-training manuals and provide the training to the field staffs.
- Create the do file for different projects as data quality assurance mechanism and use High Frequency data quality checking mechanism at the field level and office level.
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards;
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed;
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.);
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses;
- Adopt organizational core values, policies and procedures are clearly understood and adhered to in the daily functioning;
- Lead the documentation and dissemination activities of lessons learned;
- Represent the organization in workshops and meetings;
- shoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications;
- Handles other tasks as requested by the division director.
- BSc, and MSc. in computer science, IT, statistics, demography or relevant field;
- A minimum of 7 years for BSc, 5 years for MSc. and 2 years for PhD;
- Proven experience as data manager or Programmer in large scale surveys;
- Proficient in at least one of the following mobile data collection applications (Survey Solutions, SurveyCTO, ODK, or CSPro);
- Proficient in SPSS and STATA statistical packages etc. Knowledge of other statistical packages is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.);
- Ability to design and implement systems necessary to collect, maintain, and analyze data;
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.);
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications;
- Ability to supervise and train assigned staff;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to verify data input and correct errors;
- Ability to resolve data input, storage and/or retrieval problems and to design solutions and modifications;
- Knowledge of computer data processing principles etc.
- Interested applicants that fulfill the requirements shall submit only their application/motivation letter along with their updated CV via email firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marking the position title on the subject line
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further recruitment process.
- Please follow application instructions, applicants that fail to do so will be rejected.
Qualified female applicants are highly encouraged to apply