About Frontieri: Frontieri Consult PLC, based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and with a Branch Office in Berlin, Germany, is one of the leading consulting firms in Ethiopia. The firm was established in 2008 primarily to undertake consultancy assignments in the areas of development and growth in several disciplines to governmental and non-governmental organizations, as well as and bilateral and multilateral institutions.
Frontieri Consult, as a company for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives, has brought together competent professionals and works in partnership with scholars across the country and abroad. (For further information, please visit our website at: www.frontieri.com)
Currently, Frontieri Consult PLC is seeking to hire an Internal Quality Assurance Specialist /Chief Editor/ with high level of consultancy experience, enthusiasm, and resilience.
Join our team of professionals and be part of our energetic team that is committed to bringing change by providing adequate research findings and advisory services for policymakers, and thereby contribute to the development of Ethiopia.
General Duties and Responsibilities
Carry out copy editing and content editing tasks of various research reports, proposals, policy briefs and issue briefs, working papers, research articles, branding, rebranding, marketing, and communication materials, etc.;
- Review and edit draft reports, profiles, staffing qualifications, expressions of interest, technical proposals, and documents and provide comments to maintain accepted and agreed quality and standard;
- In line with all requirements and standards, evaluate and approve final versions of reports and necessary working documents produced by consultants and staff members achieving the best quality and standards in content, style, structure, and language coherence;
- Work closely with all staff members to help them improve their writing skills and produce highest quality reports with international standards that meet the best quality, including formatting, design, layout, etc.;
- Provide regular editorial feedback to all staff members aiming at filling the observed gaps;
- Prepare editing manual for the organization, along with the set of guidelines and standards to be followed with a focus on quality deliverables;
- Participate in regular project evaluation meetings and assist the quality assurance team to deliver the highest quality research outputs – in line with the RFP/TOR, Technical Proposal, Inception Report, and other similar materials/documents;
- Review and revise materials prepared for publication in newspapers, magazines, radio, TV and websites;
- Prepare press release notes and concept notes that will be distributed to news outlets and publications;
- Prepare policy review and summary notes of each signing-off projects, which will be used later in the firm’s experience and company profile;
- Actively participate in and lead the preparation and publications of Company Profile, Brochures, Flyer Papers, etc. and updating information as necessary as possible;
- Establish a standard report format, PowerPoint presentation, and different templates of the firm’s standards for branding and rebranding, marketing, and strategic communication; and
- Deliver training on writing of research report, company profiles, CV summary, brochures, flyers, proceedings (writing style, writing structure, and contents).
- A (preferably PhD.) in Foreign Languages and Literature, Linguistics (English), Journalism and Communication or related fields.
Experience (minimum requirement)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in copy editing and quality assurance, preferably in research and academic institutions.
Technical and Other Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet short deadlines,
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking and excellent research skills,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and
- Proficiency in computer use, verbal and written English language.
How to Apply
Candidates who are interested and fulfill the requirements shall submit their applications/motivation letters along with their updated CV via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning the position title on the subject line.