Junior Human Resource Internship
About Frontieri: Frontieri Consult PLC, based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with a branch office in Berlin, Germany, is one of the leading consulting firms in Ethiopia. The firm was established in 2008 primarily to undertake research and consulting activities in several areas of development and disciplines to governmental and non-governmental organizations, as well as bilateral and multilateral institutions.
Frontieri is home to talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. As such, the company has assembled competent professionals and works in partnership with scholars across the country and abroad. (For further information, please visit our website at: www.frontieri.com).
To realize its vision and mission, Frontieri is now aiming to transform itself and increase its global presence. It’s geared to build a more robust business model in East Africa and beyond that cuts across the traditional modus operandi. To this end, the company would like to appoint a Junior Human Resource Intern at Frontieri.
The HR Assistant will be responsible for supporting activities inside our HR department, from coordinating meetings to maintaining our employee database. Act as the liaison between HR and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions. S/he will assist in creating policies, processes, and documents. S/he should be able to work autonomously and remain calm under pressure. Following our training sessions, the Junior HR Intern will be able to assist HR and Administration Managers in the entire recruitment process, ultimately, S/he will ensure our HR department is organized and operates smoothly to attract, hire and retain our employees.
General Duties and Responsibilities of the Junior Human Resource Intern:
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties;
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources executives;
- Ensure full compliance of HR activities with Frontieri rules and regulations and the policies procedures and strategies;
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies);
- Administer and maintain accurate records through Frontieri staffing table;
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc);
- Provide information and advice to Frontieri personnel on the conditions of assignment, administration of entitlements, insurance, performance management, and learning and development, among others;
- Provide support to the implementation of the performance appraisal process and follow-through on activities related to performance management;
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes;
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations;
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc);
- Communicate with public services when necessary;
- Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures;
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews;
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees;
- Monitor the implementation of strategic staffing policies in line with career development;
- Assist our recruiters to source candidates and updating our database;
- Provide support to personnel and partners for official business travels, e.g. flight booking, facilitate accommodations and, vehicle provisions;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned;
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Business Management, Human Resource Management, and any related social science field
- One year experience in human resources/administrative position
- Basic knowledge of labor laws
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communications and writing skills
- High Computer literate with fast typing (MS Office and MS Excel in particular)
- Addis Ababa
👉How to apply
Candidates who are interested and fulfill the requirements shall submit their applications/motivation letters along with their updated CV via email at; firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning the position title on the subject line.