Frontieri highly believes, quality research output by researchers is important for an informed decision making and to be able to identify major intervention areas. In the course of our engagement in research endeavors over the past 12 years and serving wide-ranging clients, we have learnt that there are many promising PhD candidates who, despite having completed courses, are constrained by lack of adequate funding to undertake high quality research projects for the partial fulfillment of their PhD studies.
In view of this understanding our unwavering commitment to support quality research output and to fulfill our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), we have designed and launched a yearly Partially Funded Scholarship Program in 2019.The Partially Funded Scholarship initiative aims to support Ethiopian PhD students by breaking down barriers, opening doors, and offering access to financial aid and technical assistance.
To be qualified for the partial scholarship:
- The applicant shall be an Ethiopian doctoral candidates currently enrolled in one of the public universities in Ethiopia
- The application shall come through the public universities where they are studying in.
- Financial assistance of up to Birr 100,000.00 (One Hundred Thousand birr);
- Arrangement of free office space and provision of stationery materials;
- Equipment and other supports needed for field data collection; and
- Other technical assistance as deemed necessary
The following are the necessary documents applicants need to submit to their respective universities in applying for the competitive Partially Funded Scholarship Opportunity.
- Nomination letter from the President, Academic/ research VP or their equivalents showing that the candidate does not have other source of funding; and that the applicant has already completed course work and ready for pursuing his/her research.
- Scholarship application letter;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Registration slip for the current semester;
- Student copies (Master’s and PhD)
- One or two recommendation letters dully signed from current research advisors and
- A concept note containing a brief description of the background/ problem , rationale, objectives, a clear breakdown of and the data source and methodology, tentative budget summary, and timeline (maximum of 10 pages, 1.5 spacing and times new roman).
Frontieri will provide a partially-funded scholarship to PhD candidates who clearly demonstrate scholastic and professional excellence and a deep commitment to leading positive social change in their local communities. The main selection criteria for eligible applicants includes:
- Proven professional achievements;
- Relevance, feasibility and quality of the concept note;
- Relevance of applicant’s research experience to Frontieri’s research priorities i.e. Economics including Development Economics and Agricultural Economics; Agriculture; Rural Development; Sociology; Human Nutrition and Development Studies; and;
- Expected contribution/impact of the proposed research in tackling societal problem(s) at the grassroots level.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates are requested to submit scholarship application to their academic departments or colleges following the instructions and or guidelines set by each public university.
- Each public university is humbly required to submit names of three most promising doctoral candidates through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nomination letters from the university must be signed by the president, academic vice president and/or research vice president;
- Submission deadline for application will be on or before 28 February 2021;
- If you have queries with regards to this partially-funded scholarship opportunity, please reach us through email@example.com. Or telephone number +251 11 647 81 29, +251 11 647 9517
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.