About Frontieri: Frontieri Consult PLC, based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with Office in Berlin, Germany, is one of the leading consulting firms in Ethiopia. The firm was established in 2008 primarily to undertake research and consulting activities in the areas of development in several disciplines to governmental and non-governmental organizations, and bilateral and multilateral institutions.
Frontieri is home for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. As such, the company assembled competent professionals and works in partnership with scholars across the country and abroad. For further information, please visit our website at: www.frontieri.com
Currently, we are seeking to hire a Research Fellow with high level of research and consultancy experience and enthusiasm. Join our team of energetic professionals that is committed to bringing change by providing adequate research findings and advisory services for policymakers and various end users.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce winning research and consultancy proposals in collaboration with other teams under the SMDAD.
- Design appropriate research methodologies and tools for various projects.
- Produce quality research report.
- Produce working papers, publish papers in peer-reviewed journals and Frontieri outlets (insights, policy briefs etc.).
- Forge partnership with international research and consulting firms to submit proposals and implement research projects.
- Develop innovative approaches such as new techniques as deems necessary to achieve the objectives of the research.
- Work with other staffs to assess and identify technical assistance needs with regard to technical skills, supervision support, etc. for new and ongoing projects.
- Follow up and effectively implement projects with the highest quality, agreed timeline, and approved budget.
- Represent Frontieri at meetings and conferences;
- Participates in the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned;
- Follow-up clients to ensure client satisfaction; contribute towards a remarkable service excellence and establishment of a long lasting client relationship,
- Develop research proposals for relevant research grants,
- Work closely with other divisions and teams of Frontieri,
- Prepare monthly plans and performance reports,
- Ensure confidentiality of all reports and proposals,
- Make sure that organizational core values, policies and procedures are clearly understood and adhered to in the daily functioning, and
- Handle all other activities as required by the immediate supervisor.
- PhD in Economics, Development Studies, Demographic, Statistics, and related fields.
- Advanced skill and knowledge in quantitative and qualitative research, advanced skill in analytical software’s (STATA, SAS, SPSS, R, E-Views, GIS, GPS, NVIVO, MAXQDA, ATLAS.ti)
- Experience in working with large-scale surveys.
- Solid experience in data management and data analytics, project management, survey management
- Demonstrated capacity to produce high-quality research for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
Experience (minimum requirement)
- Excellent publication record in peer reviewed journals.
- 12 years and above in relevant offices/projects/institutions for MSc/MA; 10 years for PhD and above
- Regional and international experience is valued
How to Apply
Candidates who are interested and fulfill the requirements shall submit their applications/motivation letters along with their updated CV via email at email@example.com by mentioning the position title on the subject line.