Required Position: Senior Research Officer for South Sudan Branch Office based in Addis Ababa
About Frontieri: Frontieri Consult PLC is one of the leading consulting firms in Ethiopia and ranked as one of the Africa’s fastest growing companies in 2022, by the Financial Times. The headquarter office is in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with branch offices in Berlin, Germany, and Juba, South Sudan. The firm was established in 2008 primarily to undertake research and consulting activities in the areas of development in several disciplines to governmental and non-governmental organizations, and bilateral and multilateral institutions.
Frontieri is home to talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. As such, the company assembled competent professionals and works in partnership with scholars across the country and abroad. For further information, please visit our website at: www.frontieri.com
Currently, we are seeking to hire a Senior Research Officer for the South Sudan Branch Office with a high level of research and consultancy experience and enthusiasm. Join our team of energetic professionals who are committed to bringing change by providing adequate research findings and advisory services for policymakers and various end-users.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce winning research and consultancy proposals in collaboration with other teams at the headquarter and South Sudan Branch Office.
- Design appropriate research methodologies and tools for various projects.
- Produce quality research report.
- Produce working papers, publish papers in peer-reviewed journals and Frontieri outlets (insights, policy briefs etc.).
- Forge partnership with international research and consulting firms to submit proposals and implement research projects.
- Develop innovative approaches such as new techniques as deemed necessary to achieve the objectives of the research.
- Work with other staffs to assess and identify technical assistance needs regarding technical skills, supervision support, etc. for new and ongoing projects.
- Follow up and effectively implement projects with the highest quality, agreed timeline, and approved budget.
- Represent Frontieri at meetings and conferences.
- Participate in the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned.
- Follow-up clients to ensure client satisfaction; contribute towards a remarkable service excellence and establishment of a long-lasting client relationship.
- Work closely with other divisions and teams of Frontieri.
- Prepare monthly plans and performance reports.
- Ensure confidentiality of all reports and proposals.
- Make sure that organizational core values, policies and procedures are clearly understood and adhered in the daily functioning, and
- Handle all other activities as required by the immediate supervisor.
- PhD in Social Sciences OR Economics (Agricultural Economics, Development Economics, ect), OR Livelihood/ Food Security OR Local and Regional Development Studies OR Public Health OR Education OR Nutrition OR Other related fields
- Preference will be given to a candidate with a diversified experience and trainings
- Advanced skill and knowledge in quantitative and qualitative research, advanced skill in analytical software’s (STATA, SAS, SPSS, R, E-Views, NVIVO, ATLAS.ti)
- Experience in working with large-scale surveys.
- Solid experience in data management and data analytics, project management, survey management
- Demonstrated capacity to produce high-quality research for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Readiness to work in a team environment
Experience (minimum requirement)
- Excellent publication record in peer-reviewed journals.
- 10 years and above experience in relevant offices/projects/institutions for MSc/MA; and 7 years for PhD
- Regional and international experience is valued
- Winning experience in large-scale projects is valued
- Experience in consultancy is a plus
How to Apply
Candidates who are interested and fulfill the requirements shall submit their applications/motivation letters along with their updated CV via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning the position title on the subject line.