Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa
Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years’ experience)
Employment Type: Full time
About Frontieri: Frontieri Consult PLC, based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with Office in Berlin, Germany, is one of the leading consulting firms in Ethiopia. The firm was established in 2008 primarily to undertake research and consulting activities in the areas of development in several disciplines to governmental and non-governmental organizations, and bilateral and multilateral institutions.
Frontieri is home for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. As such, the company assembled competent professionals and works in partnership with scholars across the country and abroad. For further information, please visit our website at: www.frontieri.com
Currently, we are seeking to hire a Senior Research Officer with high level of research and consultancy experience and enthusiasm. Join our team of energetic professionals that is committed to bringing change by providing adequate research findings and advisory services for policymakers and various end users.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce winning research and consultancy proposals in collaboration with other teams under the Research and Evaluation Division;
- Design appropriate research methodologies and tools for various projects;
- Produce quality research report;
- Forge partnership with international research and consulting firms to submit proposals and implement projects,
- Develop innovative approaches such as new techniques as deems necessary to achieve the objectives of the research,
- Work with other staffs to assess and identify technical assistance needs with regard to technical skills, supervision support, etc. for new and ongoing projects,
- Follow up and effectively implement projects with the highest quality, agreed timeline, and approved budget;
- Participates in the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned;
- Follow-up clients to ensure client satisfaction; contribute towards a remarkable service excellence and establishment of a long lasting client relationship,
- Produce working papers and contribute articles to Frontieri quarterly magazine and reputable journals,
- Develop research proposals for relevant research grants,
- Work closely with other divisions and teams of Frontieri,
- Prepare monthly plans and performance reports,
- Ensure confidentiality of all reports and proposals,
- Make sure that organizational core values, policies and procedures are clearly understood and adhered to in the daily functioning, and
- Handle all other activities as required by the immediate supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- PhD/MA/MSc in Economics, Development Studies, Sociology or related fields
- A minimum of 5 years of research and consulting experience including proposal development, project implementation and client engagement across various development topics.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in international cooperation working in partnership with international firms and international project members.
Technical and Other Skills:
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research methods;
- Ability to work with STATA and SPSS;
- Proficiency in verbal and written English language;
- Excellent communication skills and team player in diverse national and international team members;
- Abilities of working in tight timeframe and deliver within the deadline; and
- Demonstrate success in working with diverse national and international team members and implementing international cooperation projects.
How to Apply
Candidates who are interested and fulfill the requirements shall submit their applications/motivation letters along with updated CV via email at email@example.com by clearly marking the position title on the subject line OR in person to the following address.
Fronteri Consult P.L.C
CMC, around 200 meters from St. Michael Church towards Megenagna Road, in the building where Oromia Cooperative Bank and Lion International Bank are located, 8th floor, Tel: 0116 47 95 17/0116 479778.
Deadline for application is on February 08, 2021.