Location: Addis Ababa
Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years’ experience)
Employment Type: Full time
Frontieri Consult PLC, based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with Branch Office in Berlin, Germany, is one of the leading consulting firms in Ethiopia. The firm was established in 2008 primarily to undertake consultancy assignments in the areas of development and growth in several disciplines to the governmental and non-governmental organizations, and bilateral and multilateral institutions.
Frontieri is a company for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives and we have gathered competent professionals and in partnership with scholars across the country and abroad. For further information, please visit our website at: www.frontieri.com
Currently, we are seeking to hire an internal quality assurance specialist /Chief Editor/ with high level of consultancy experience, enthusiasm, and resilience.
Join our team of professionals and be part of our energetic team that is committed to bringing change by providing adequate research findings and advisory services for policymakers and contribute to the development of Ethiopia.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry-out copy editing and content editing tasks of various research reports, proposals, policy briefs and issue briefs, working papers, research articles, branding, rebranding, marketing, and communication materials, etc.,
- Review and edit draft reports, profiles, staffing qualifications, expressions of interest, technical proposals, documents and provide comments to improve with accepted and agreed quality and standard;
- In line with all requirements and standards, evaluate and approve final versions of reports and necessary working documents produced by consultants and staff members meeting the best quality and standards in content, style, structure, and language coherency;
- Work closely with all staff members to help them improve their writing skills and produce highest quality reports with international standards that meet the best quality, including formatting, design, layout, etc.
- Provide regular editorial feedback to all staff members aiming at filling the observed gaps;
- Prepare editing manual for the organization along with the set of guidelines and standards to be followed with a focus on quality deliverables;
- Participate in regular project evaluation meetings and assist the quality assurance team to deliver the highest quality research outputs – in line with the RFP/TOR, Technical Proposal, Inception Report, and other requirements;
- Review and revise materials for publications in newspapers, magazines, radio, TV and or websites;
- Maintain the highest standards of rigor and integrity in the conduct of the activities so as to deliver quality services;
- Prepare press release notes and concept notes that will be distributed to the news release and publications;
- Prepare policy review and summary notes of each signing-off projects which will be used later in the firm’s experience and company profile;
- Actively participate and lead the preparation and publications of Company Profile, Brochures, Flyer Papers, etc. and updating information as necessary as possible;
- Establish standard report format, PowerPoint presentation, and different templates of the firm’s standards for branding and rebranding, marketing, and strategic communication; and
- Deliver training on report writing of research, company profiles, CV summary, brochures, flyers, proceedings (writing style, writing structure, and contents).
- M.A (preferably PhD.) in Foreign Language and Literature, Linguistics (English), Journalism and Communication or related fields.
Experience (minimum requirement)
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant copy editing and content editing experiences, preferably in research and academic institutions.
Technical and Other Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet short deadlines,
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking and excellent research skills,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and
- Proficiency in computer use, verbal and written English language.
How to Apply
Candidates who are interested and fulfill the requirements shall submit their applications/motivation letters along with their updated CV via email at email@example.com by clearly marking the position title on the subject line OR in person to the following address.
Fronteri Consult P.L.C
CMC, around 200 meters from St. Michael Church towards Megenagna Road, in the building where Oromia Cooperative Bank and Lion International Bank are located, 8th floor, Tel: 0116 47 95 17/0116 479778.